Delicious Dinner Recipes Under 400 Calories
Deciding what to make for dinner and keeping the calories under control can be a challenge. That’s why we are offering a small selection of delicious recipes that are high in protein and low in calories. Give one of them a try tonight!
Vietnamese Pan-Grilled Sesame Beef
This Vietnamese routine is an easy and quick recipe to make an awesome tasting beef with just a few ingredients like:
- 1 lbs. beef
- 2 tsp freshly grated pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp grounded black pepper
- ½ cup sesame seeds
This dinner recipe is delicious, and rich in protein because of protein sources like beef, fish and sesame seeds (1 tsp = 1.6g of protein).
Directions In a large bowl combine ginger, garlic, fish sauce, oil, and ground black pepper. Add beef and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes (one hour best). Place sesame seeds in a large Ziploc bag (or other resealable bags) add beef slices and gently shake to coat evenly. Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. When it’s very hot, add the beef in batches and grill on both sides very quickly until it’s just cooked. Serve with chili sauce.
Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
This delicious recipe can be ready to eat in about 30 minutes and involves less than 10 ingredients required to prepare it. As a bonus, this recipe averages only 250 calories and 35G of protein per serving!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper (add up to 1/2 teaspoon for more heat)
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil (I use coconut oil)
- Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 of an avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Add paprika, cumin, onion powder, pepper, salt, and cayenne to a gallon resealable bag and shake to combine. Then add the chicken breasts to the bag with the spices and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 7 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve chicken with avocado sauce. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Spicy Beef Fajita Burgers
If you like spicy flavors and burgers, this is basically a Mexican twist on burgers. This is a tasty treat that takes about 15 minutes to prepare and another 15 to cook. 4 to 6 servings and contains 381 calories and 35.5g of protein per serving.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup restaurant style Mexican salsa
- 2 small hass avocados
- 4 toasted buns
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- Sliced jalapenos
- Chopped cilantro (fresh)
- Crumbled corn hips
- Red onions (sliced)
This recipe contains 381 calories and 35.5g of protein per serving.
- Mix the beef, spices and seasonging together in a bowl and shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat with the olive oil. Place each burger in the skillet to sear for at least 2 minutes before flipping it on the other side.
- Let each flipped burger sear for another 2 minutes, then lower the heat and cover the skillet for 2 more minutes until the burgers are cooked through.
- Place about ¼ cup of shredded cheese over each burger, turn off the heat and cover the skillet again for the cheese to fully melt.
- Spread a layer of sour cream on the toasted bread, a teaspoon of salsa and top with sliced avacados, sliced jalapeno, Fresh cilantro, sliced red onion and corn chips.
Seared Hanger Steak
This is basically a protein meal that can also be paired with a bed of greens or grains for a full meal and more vegetative approach.The requires less than 8 ingredients:
- 14-ounce hanger or skirt steak
- 1 garlic clove (sliced/crushed)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
The seared hanger steak is very delicious and contains 368 calories and 43g of proteins per serving.
- Rub a 14-oz hanger or skirt steak with a cut garlic clove; discard garlic. Season steak with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Let stand for 30 minutes..
- Heat a film of canola oil in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add steak and cook, without turning, until well browned, about 3 minutes. Flip steak and cook to desired doneness, about 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Blog Administrator